Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The light was so soft and pretty yesterday that I kept taking photos all morning. This one was from my "commute" to university.


One thing I love about this city is that even though the university is in the centre city, and even though we live only one suburb north of it, I can get from here to there entirely through parks like the one above. This is not so great at night, since there's no street lighting, but cycling into trees is no doubt good practice for, well, cycling into walls or something. And some cynics would argue that if you want a functioning major city, you need to build, you know, houses and businesses in the centre, rather than just roads and parks, but what do they know? Burley Griffin was a visionary! A visionary, I tell you!

I'm going to stop now, and go stare at some pretty trees.