Thursday, January 11, 2007

Places I'm going!

I'm really looking forward to our trip to New Zealand tomorrow. Look at all the weird-ass lovely places we are going to visit!


Going back to Christchurch will be especially strange, since it's where Geekman and I met when we were both at university there. Yesterday I realised that we haven't hung out in Christchurch together since April 1999, when I was still an undergrad, and he came to visit me on holiday from his investment banking career/disaster in London. Needless to say, that visit was all tense and anxious and desperate. It will be funny to visit our old haunts together now that we're living the happy-ever-after.

I'm taking the laptop, so might be able to blog now and then if I can steal someone's wireless. Otherwise you'll hear from me again in about a fortnight.

Be good, keep blogging, and don't eat all the cheese.

(PS: I got the map from this site, and the rest of the photos are probably infringing someone's copyright.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, Hamner Springs - haven't been there in about 2 decades. I hear they have revamped since then.
3 weeks til we are over and then appart from Chch, much time will be spent at the thilling metropolis of Waipara. I don't have fond memories of that particular camping site from previous intermediate school camp torture - fingers crossed for better this time.

Stellar_muddle

Nicola said...

I envy you the trip back hugely. I've just returned, and my subconscious refuses to accept it - I keep returning in dreams and then waking up to realise I'm back in the dull and bleak place.

Have a wonderful time, both of you.

StyleyGeek said...

I was envying you for the last few weeks, Jana, so it all evens out :)

If you are finding your current location dull and bleak, why don't you do some job-hunting on this side of the world? (Okay, so I'm suggesting this out of selfish reasons as much as anything, but it would be less dull and bleak too!)

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time!

Quiche said...

Have fun!