Friday, September 21, 2007

Coincidence? Or maybe my car hates my parents.

My parents have visited three times in the past two-and-a-half years. My car has broken down three times in the past two-and-a-half years. Guess when?

This means my parents believe my car to be much less reliable than it really is. ("It breaks down every time you use it!") It also means they intimately associate this city with time spent on the side of the road waiting for the Roadside Assist people.

(Of course, three breakdowns in two-and-a-half years doesn't make my car a winner in the reliability pageant. But yesterday's was pretty minor: the headlight switch stopped working, so the headlights wouldn't turn off. Which is a problem because I didn't realise it until after it had drained the battery, but isn't going to take much money or time to fix.)

3 Comments:

Weekend_Viking said...

See, I told you buying my car was a good deal - and it's demonstrably not scared of parental units, having survived two visits breakdown free. And now it's gone to Melbourne, and probably going to do the Nullarbor next.

StyleyGeek said...

Yes, but then I would have a first gear that doesn't always work, and an engine that doesn't do so well without added lead. I'm not sure those are necessarily better than a broken headlight switch.

a Shi said...

That car is a good car, I know!