Sunday, April 27, 2008

Birthdays and biscuits

It's my birthday!

Geekman gave me this cute little teapot and cups, and a selection of fancy teas.

He also gave me some virtual shoes, in that we went shopping for them, but I couldn't find any I liked that also fit.

My parents, in the best StyleyGeek Parents tradition, appear to have forgotten. Which is still better than giving me one sock, so see me not be devastated.

In other news, who needs a birthday cake when you can have orange and almond biscotti?! (Well, me. Apparently I need both. Hence the Armenian Nutmeg Cake currently in the oven. But let's pretend it was a rhetorical question.)


Orange and Almond Biscotti Recipe


2 ¼ cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 ¼ cups sugar
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 Tbsp olive oil
¼ tsp almond extract
finely grated rind of 1 orange
½ cup chopped almonds

Sift together the flour and baking powder; stir in sugar. Make a well in the centre and gradually stir in remaining ingredients; mix well. Divide dough in half and shape into two logs 6cm wide and 20cm long. Place on greased oven trays and bake in 180°C oven 30-35 minutes or until browned on top. Cool slightly then cut into 2cm slices. Lie slices flat on tray and return to oven for 15 minutes or until brown. Cool on wire racks.

20 Comments:

Nicola said...

A very Bappy Hirthday!

(Tried to ring, but you were constantly engaded. (Odd - I thought you were married? Mwuhaha.))

Unknown said...

Hippy Happy Birthday.

P.s. mmmmm....biscotti...

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Addy N. said...

Happy Birthday, Dr. Styley Geek!

Queen of West Procrastination said...

A very happy birthday, my dear!

skookumchick said...

Happy happy birthday!!! :-)

The History Enthusiast said...

What a cute tea set! He has good taste.

I hope your birthday is fabulous!

Seeking Solace said...

Happy Birthday!!! What a lovely tea set.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!! (love the teapot and cups!)

Anonymous said...

happy birthday! i still love the one sock story. it's classic.

ScienceGirl said...

Happy birthday! I'm going to have to try the biscotti - sounds yummy!

tag

Kelly said...

Happy birthday!!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday!! i *love* those cups, they look like espresso cups!

DancingFish said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

It would be that time of year :)
Happy birthday

Stellar_muddle

L said...

Happy Birthday! Mine was 6 days ago :)

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

Happy birthday! Love the teapot!

Ianqui said...

Well happy birthday! Very cute teapot set indeed.

Laurie K said...

happy birthday!

Bardiac said...

Happy Birthday!