Thursday, March 29, 2007

This just in from Geekman

Geekman puts on his judging hat.

First of all, let me say that I was shocked, shocked at the lack of bribery. Not one person tried to buy me off. How's a hard-working judge supposed to earn a living, hmm?

Anyway, since it looks like I have to be impartial, on with the decisions. Lacking an exact parrot captioning metric, I resorted to the method of narrowing it down to the three I liked best, and then randomly choosing from those three.

So, without further ado, the winner of the caption contest is...

"Two minutes from tire to flat."

Congratulations, bardiac!

*******

Reclaiming my rightful place as owner of this blog, I (StyleyGeek) would like to thank all of you for your awesome entries in the caption contest. They made me snort and giggle, and (in some cases) very concerned about your medications.

I want to add a few honorary mentions here:

Pilgrim/Heretic, for the world's longest caption, at 150 words, and for gratuitous use of American cultural and geographical references.

Shrinkykitten gets the hedging-her-bets award for the most consecutive entries. No more caffeine for you!

And although I told Geekman he could also choose a 2nd and 3rd place if he wanted, he appears to have decided not to share them with you. So I'm going to pick some myself.

In second place is Dr Brazen Hussy: This one is pretty nice. But do you have it in red?

And third place goes to Geeka: The bell is on the other side moron, watch where you are putting that finger.

Bardiac, your winner's postcard is on the way just as soon as you email me your address! (And then you get to wait three or four weeks for the international postal system to screw things up.)

8 Comments:

Pilgrim/Heretic said...

I demand a recount! (sadly, another American cultural/political reference.) ;)

Yay for Bardiac!

Anonymous said...

Fine.

There was, let me see, yes, one vote. I was the one man, I had the one vote.

So, zero... one...

Maybe I miscounted, let me check again.

Zero... one...

Nope. Same result :)

Seriously, though, I had a hard time choosing. I'm not cut out for a judging role, since I felt sorry for the people that I couldn't let win. That's why I didn't want to reveal my three person shortlist - this way everyone can think they could have won and be equally outraged :)

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

YAY! Second place!! Not bad. But I sure wish I could have a postcard. I like postcards. Especially ones with animals on them. Birds are good.

Bardiac said...

Wowza!!!!! /jumping up and down!

I'd like to thank the academy, and a certain Nanday Conure that taught me just how quickly a parrot type bird can chew through anything!

Hey, Brazen, if you send me your address, I'll send you a postcard, complete with a bird! Bardiacblogger@yahoo.com

StyleyGeek, I'll email you my address! I'm so excited!

StyleyGeek said...

Dr Brazen Hussy, I'd send you a postcard too, but that might dilute the specialness that Bardiac feels.

I'll have to run another caption contest sometime so you have another chance :)

Jenny said...

So, Geekman, for future reference, what's the form of bribery that you respond best to? You know, for the next caption competition.

Anonymous said...

Miss M., I'm pretty traditional. Chocolate or large sums of money will generally do nicely :)

Bardiac said...

Thank you!!!!!

I got my special super card today! /happy dance!

Best thing I've gotten in the mail in AGES!

Thanks again, and may the parrots be with you!