Sunday, March 18, 2007

Tiny street art

This guy's art project is fantastic. He goes around putting little hand-made people into tiny scenes on London streets. Curbs become cliffs, potted plants are vast forests, and puddles prime sunbathing locations. It reminds me of The Borrowers, one of my favourite books when I was a kid.

I have a hard time deciding which is my favourite. Drain Guy shows the scale of the scenes the best. But Expelled is wonderfully poignant, as is Mum's Gone to Ibiza. And Pinned Down made me snort coffee out my nose.

If I had to pick one, though, it would probably be Cash Machine, because it's just so detailed.


I wonder how many passers-by notice the little people, and what sort of reaction they have. I bet kids see them and when they tell grown-ups, they get laughed at for making things up.

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

I love these - but notice I am very worried about them. The byline of the blog is "left to fend for themselves." They're too little! They can't fend for themselves!!!

I love some of them so much. Thanks for posting this.

StyleyGeek said...

I know! That makes me worry about them too!