Monday, June 09, 2008

Success!

The Head of School rolled over and extended my contract. It might have had something to do with the phone call I had with our union rep with my door open (the HoS's office is directly above mine in the building and sound carries REALLY well). Or it might have had something to do with my supervisor giving him a good verbal kicking. (Mysteriously she came wandering by five minutes after I received the email, asking, "Have you heard from [HoS] yet?")

Either way, I have an extra 10 days of contract, which covers the time during which students will be consulting me before the final exam, the exam itself, and the marking period.

The email from HoS went something like this:

Dear StyleyGeek,

Flatter flatter flatter.

Save face as much as possible.

Aggressive assertion of authority.

Insinuations about my work ethic.

Best,
HoS.


But I am over it. After discussions with other people at drinks last week, I discovered he is being an unreasonable arsehole to numerous people in our department. (Just to pick an example at random - trying to cancel someone's sick leave because he saw her in the department when she was meant to be on leave and she didn't look sick. Emailing four people about her health but not even CCing her on the email.)

I win. The end.

6 Comments:

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

YEA! It's nice to see good trumph over stupid/evil.

Liz Miller said...

Woot!

hgg said...

way to go!

Psych Post Doc said...

That's great!

I wish you would have just responded to his email "I win". HA
That would have been great.

And the insinuation about your work ethic, uh huh, I'm sure he works for free all the time. Jackass.

Anonymous said...

woohoo!

Badaunt said...

Yippee!