Thursday, June 30, 2011

It gets better

They just created a new job so that they can hire one of the men.


This is someone who is universally acknowledged to be a pain in the arse and to have done quite badly at the interviews. (The one who said our students suck.) So he would not have been a good choice for a teaching job. So they created a job with no teaching responsibilities so they can hire him anyway.

I guess it's nice to know they CAN create random new positions when they feel like it. Maybe they'll feel like it for me too one day.

7 Comments:

Bardiac said...

Bleargh. That sucks. I'm sorry. :(

StyleyGeek said...

And the other guy. I just heard. So now both male candidates have had positions created for them.

I'd like to think they would have done the same for me if I hadn't had this three year fellowship, but I wonder?

Arbitrista said...

Bastards.

Liz Miller said...

Oh. Dear. God.

That is awful. AND THEY ASKED YOU TO DO THEM A FAVOR?

Marie said...

Son of a pickle!

plantingoaks said...

Honey, this is not a good situation.

I know you know this. You're clearly intelligent, and aware of these things, and know you're being taken advantage of, but I wonder if from the inside you really see just how ridiculous and inappropriate this all is.

I know legal action is a much better theoretical idea than a practical one, but are there any possible career paths for you that don't involve staying in this department?

Anthea said...

Blurgh. This sucks. I'm sorry to hear this.