Tuesday, June 29, 2010

So that was weird

I was just cycling along the footpath (which is legal in my state), and almost got run over by an oncoming car, driving at full speed, ALSO along the footpath.

Car chase? There was no obvious pursuit. Maybe he was trying to escape the imaginary policemen in his head.

In other news, I think I just snubbed the Dean. Passed a vaguely-familiar looking woman just outside our department, who grinned at me like a manic shark. I gave her my best "I don't smile at strangers this early in the morning, you freak" glare uncertain half-smile back. Five minutes later, I NOW realise who it was. Oops.

4 Comments:

Arbitrista said...

Well clearly it was her fault for being so unmemorable, right?

Anonymous said...

this reminds me of the time I dropped a heavy door on the nun who is provost at catholic u because I'm not going to stand there an hold the door for a sour looking old lady in an ugly suit.

I'm with arbitrista, totally her fault for being unmemorable AND for grinning like a maniac shark. :)

Anonymous said...

I think that if it was morning, you can probably fall back on the 'pre-coffee cognition impairment' syndrome.

StyleyGeek said...

Oh good. Yes, totally her fault :) Or the fault of the coffee (lack of). Or both.