Thursday, February 12, 2009

A little request

Dear blogfriends,

I love you all. Really I do. But please please please if you happen to run into someone from my department, don't say, "Oh yes, I know [real name]: I read her blog!" If you accidentally DO mention this little piece of information, please then also let the person know that the blog is anonymous and that I would like to keep it that way. Then they won't happen to say loudly in front of other, more senior colleagues, "Hey, I just heard you have a blog!"

I'm not mad at you. I just thought I'd better clarify my anonymity preferences.

Love,
StyleyGeek.

7 Comments:

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Woah. Goodness no. (Huh, the same goes for me too!)

The History Enthusiast said...

I am nowhere near where you live, but if you ever come up here I promise to keep your secret! Hopefully they all have short memories and will forget this.

A friend of mine actually did this to me in front of an entire class of undergrads, so I know how you feel.

Arbitrista said...

Yikes. That's extremely poor etiquette.

Liz Miller said...

Holy Guacamole!

Psycgirl said...

Ouch. That's awkward.

StyleyGeek said...

Awkward, yes, but totally an honest mistake. And I misinferred the background - the reader in question only mentioned the blog and _pseudonym_ as belonging to someone in the dept, and my colleague worked out that it was me all on her own. I just wish SHE hadn't then mentioned it in front of others.

Jessi said...

Ouch, that rather sucks. Hopefully it stops there and won't happen again or move on to other people.