Please don't hold your conference two days before Christmas.
That is all.
No, wait, actually, that isn't all. While we are at it, here's a longer wish list:
- Please don't send me an email, then call me up to tell me what your email says, then drop by my office to tell me the same thing again. Some of us have work to do.
- If you are "collaborating" with me, please don't hassle me for months about the importance of getting an application written long before a deadline, then refuse to look at draft of said application until a few days before said deadline.
- Especially if you then want (me) to totally rewrite the whole thing from scratch.
- Please don't ask me to guest teach your class, then micro-manage every aspect of my lesson plan so that you might as well just have written the damn thing yourself and asked me to deliver it word for word.
- If you are going to micro-manage my lesson plan, please make time to read it through well in advance, so that you don't ask me to redesign it from scratch an hour before class begins.
- Please give me a large piece of chocolate cake and several
glassesbottles of red wine.