Sunday, November 18, 2007

Balance of compliments

Geekman: "That's a nice hat. My hat makes me look like a freak."

Me: "You can wear my pink baseball cap if you'd rather."

Geekman: "Baseball caps just look freaky in general."

Me: "Are you saying I should stop wearing it too?"

Geekman: "No. It looks good on you. It's like supermodels. They can wear a paper bag and it looks great."

**************

Ten minutes later, when I have just about finished swooning over such a lovely compliment, we are walking outside in the worst heat we've had so far this summer, and I am holding my arms out from my sides a little to try and drip dry.

Geekman: "You look like a lumbering gorilla."

I give him The Look of Doom.

Geekman: "What?! I complimented you earlier!"

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Best ever from hubby, while sitting in a hot springs pool in the freezing cold rain in the mountains:

"y'know, I saw you sitting on the edge of the pool over there, gazing off into the mountains, shrouded in steam, and I thought to myself,"

(I'm waiting in anticipation of a beautiful compliment...)

"she looks like on of those red faced Japanese monkeys".

AS said...

What a hubby...

...and now the reality that you are going to celebrate Christmas in the middle of summer is sinking in... huh, I have gotta visit your side of the hemisphere someday.

RageyOne said...

I guess a good compliment deserves a bad compliment to balance it out, huh? :)

Amanda said...

Last night my boyfriend, J, said "I love you" for the first time. And then he immediately followed it with "but I don't want to be in love." Eh, I'll take what I can get :)

Geekman sounds a lot like J. I love your posts about him.