Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Surrealness, or hairdressing terminology gets me every time

"Hi, my name is StyleyGeek, and I'd like to make an appointment for a haircut and a half head of foils."

"I'm sorry, we don't do a full head of foils."

"That's fine, I only want a half head."

"I mean, we just have one foils option. You can't choose between a full head and half head."

"But last time I came here I asked for a half head of foils and no one said anything. Anyway, I liked what I got."

"But we don't do a half head."

"Okay, so what does your one-and-only foils option involve?"

"We divide the hair up, and put foils in about half of it."

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

ummm...what?

Breena Ronan said...

They just want to charge you twice as much.

StyleyGeek said...

Usually I'd agree with your cynicism, Breena, but this time, I don't think that's it.

This is the local polytech, and because you get your hair done by (well-supervised) trainees, they only charge $30 for colour, and $10 for a cut.

Jenny said...

Was it a trainee receptionist too? Or just one of the trainee hairdressers?

StyleyGeek said...

Maybe that was it, Miss M.