Thursday, April 24, 2008

Tactful he is not

So my father finally got around to telling my mother that he is now engaged to the woman who he had an affair with for six years of their 25 year marriage (even though up until a few weeks ago, he was still pretending he didn't see her any more).* The divorce only came through a few days ago, so my mother was understandably still a little emotionally tender.

So how did he choose to break the news?

By text message. Way to go, Dad.


___________

* I know: convoluted sentence from hell. I've been reading too much student prose.

5 Comments:

Nicola said...

** boggle **

Anonymous said...

{{{{hug}}}} for your Mom.

Arbitrista said...

Yikes.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Seriously? What's wrong with your father?

ScienceGirl said...

Dang! I feel sorry for your Mom...