Thursday, April 17, 2008

Yes, I am scraping the bottom of the barrel here

Last night in my dreams:

  • There was an aeratosaurus. It looked pretty much as you would imagine.
  • They terraformed the piece of bushland outside my office window and it became a red, volcanic planet.
  • My 11-year-old sister was knitting herself a whisky still for her birthday. No one seemed bothered. She said she got the pattern from her girl guide group.
  • A shark came up out of the ocean that was mysteriously just below my balcony, and told me about what it was like to live in the sea. He walked upright on his tail fins, and thanked me politely for the beer I gave him. He left behind damp carpet and the smell of salt.

3 Comments:

Grace Dalley said...

What hilarious dreams!

Was the aeratosaurus something like swiss cheese? Or more like a ceiling fan?

Nicola said...

Last night in my dream, a former boss turned up at my mother's house (where I was mysteriously living) at 7.30 in the morning. I had to get up in a hurry. Over breakfast, we sketched 2x2 matrices and he faulted the logic in my thinking.

I wish I'd had an aeratosaurus instead.

StyleyGeek said...

Grace, it had the texture of one of those aero chocolate bars, so kind of like swiss cheese, but more regular.