Thursday, January 24, 2008

It's beginning to feel a lot like graduation

I heard unofficially that two of my three examiners' reports are in. And with two recommended passes, and a late third report, the university policy is to go ahead and award the degree.

One of the two reports was apparently "glowing" (this from my supervisor: students don't get to view the report in full), requires no revisions, and recommended my thesis for a prize for outstanding dissertations. Briefly my usual insecurities stepped in and made me wonder who it was so that I could mentally down-grade their professional judgement, but then the new me—Dr StyleyGeek, I presume—gave those insecurities a good telling off. The other report was also good, and requires only a few minor revisions (my supervisor says it's mostly typos).

The next step is that my supervisor gives me excerpts from the report that requires revisions, I make the revisions, get the library copies of the dissertation bound and handed in, and then I can graduate!

Woo hoo!

17 Comments:

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

AWESOME!

Congratulations, I hope the revisions go smoothly!

Isn't it a great feeling?

Psycgirl said...

Congratulations!

RageyOne said...

Doing the happy dance for ya! That is wonderful!

ScienceGirl said...

Congratulations, Dr. StyleyGeek!

USJogger said...

Congratu-

I'll finish when you do! ;-)

Jogger

Anonymous said...

congrats!!!

post-doc said...

Yay for you, you brilliant dissertation writer! Congratulations!

EcoGeoFemme said...

Congratulations!

DrOtter said...

Yay! Well done!

Anonymous said...

Styley, you rock!!! Congratulations!!

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

YAY!!!

Arbitrista said...

That's fantastic!

michiexile said...

Wooohoooo! Go you!

Badaunt said...

Congratulations, Dr Styleygeek!

I wonder why it is that there are ALWAYS typos? Even after what feels like several hundred proofreads? Does the universe put them back in, to stop us from getting complacent?

Unknown said...

Time to bring out the dancing rodents! (Conga-rats)

Weekend_Viking said...

Hugs and congratulations.

Bugger about not getting the full reports, though. @ Canty we got the full examiners reports, before our oral exams.

AliceAcademic said...

Congrats!!