Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Overheard

This morning I overheard this part of a conversation and was totally horrified...

"So, you have a dog, right?"
"Yeah, but I keep forgetting to feed it. And then it gets sad and I can't bear to look at it, because I feel so guilty. So I've been avoiding it for a while now."

I was thinking about calling the SPCA until the next sentence:

"Well they only started that application so you'd feel you have to come and check your profile every day. And then see more of their ads."
"Yeah, Facebook's become totally evil. It's no fun anymore."

4 Comments:

Jenny said...

Ehehehe, I laughed so hard at that I almost ended up with coffee all over my keyboard! That'll teach me to drink things whilst reading blogs.

Nicola said...

(laughing)

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

yikes... It is funny, but the first part was really, really scary...

Also, that is why I don't have facebook pets ---- I can't handle a virtual pet making me feel guilty.

The History Enthusiast said...

LOL! I would've called the SPCA too, if I'd overheard that.

I never quite got the appeal of the virtual dogs, seeing as it is just another obligation that doesn't have any real reward. My cute (and REAL) puppy sometimes feels like an obligation, but she makes up for it by being my best bud.