It's only the first day of 2007 and I already have a long catalogue of sins.
Father forgive me for I...
- Forgot to take my camera to the fireworks last night, which were incidentally quite spectacular, and as usual probably averaged out to a cost of thousands of dollars per spectator. (Ninety-five percent of this city evacuates to Sydney on public holidays.)
- Hosted a party for which I never got around to doing any shopping. (On the plus side, this means I made a net gain of two bottles of wine, a nice cheese, a whole pile of chocolate, eggs, a lettuce, grapes and some smoked salmon. And that's not counting everything I ate (but didn't provide) last night.)
- Sent one of the guests out to the shops when I thought we were going to run out of drinks, giving them no money and crappy instructions that caused them to walk for half an hour in the wrong direction. Then never even got around to opening the wine they came back with.
- Created the sort of party atmosphere in which people sat around reading dictionaries to each other. (Yes, really.)
- Told my guests they could stay over but then didn't have enough blankets or pillows to go around. Discovered this after they had all drunk too much to go anywhere else.
- Lay in bed this morning until I could hear that one of my guests had done all the cleaning up, and another had started cooking me breakfast.
- Sent the same person out to the shop again to get extra eggs. And still didn't give him any money.
I have to finish revising my current chapter before the wind changes and I'm stuck in the role of the Evil Styleygeek forever.