Sunday, January 22, 2006

More random Australian wildlife

I just got back from a party that was seething with cackling middle-aged Australian women who look like they've been left on the barbeque too long -- the sort who wear red cocktail dresses and sip margaritas and when they hear what you do they say, "Linguistics, darl? Oh that must be nice. Yes, follow your dreams while you're young. I always wanted to do something like that. Teach English in China or something. But then I got into insurance and met Darryn and we had the kids... well, you know how it is."

And now it's midnight and still 24°C and finally nearly cool enough to sleep. And hundreds of beetles are falling from the ceiling into the stairwell. What they are doing in the ceiling in the first place is anyone's guess.

So a slightly surreal evening all round, really. Posted by Picasa

1 Comment:

StyleyGeek said...

The datestamp on this post is 12 hours late because I got up this morning, looked at the photos I'd posted last night, and vowed never again to allow myself to be dog-tired in charge of a camera. So updated with slightly better pics this morning. All the little black spots are beetles, by the way.