Saturday, May 27, 2006

Unlimited potential

I was typing up a letter just now and OpenOffice* automatically changed "27 May" to "27 Maybe".

This made me so happy that I think the whole month should be renamed the month of maybe.

(And it's also pretty good as a statement of how certain I usually am about what the date is.)

________
* If you don't already use it, follow this link and download OpenOffice to use instead of Microsoft Office. It includes programs equivalent to Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access, each of which feels just like the Microsoft version so that you don't have to waste time learning how to use it. But unlike Microsoft Office, it is free (and open source). For reasons why this is a good thing, read this and/or this. And I promise that it doesn't always change words to what it thinks they should be -- only if you have accidentally left it on the wrong settings!