Thursday, October 11, 2007

Two things that are messed up

1. Our department administrator went on stress leave recently. They had to hire three people to replace her. (And they wonder why she needed stress leave.)

2. My office mate has taken a six month leave from her PhD program. She still comes in early every morning and works hard on her thesis until late at night. So I asked her why she took the leave if she isn't actually, well, taking it. She said she needed six months "off" to get caught up with all the work she is behind on.

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, i need stress leave.

Psycgirl said...

That's BRILLIANT! I need to take a leave of absence and I could finally do all the reading I need to do for my dissertation.

I'm not even being sarcastic. That is brilliant.

StyleyGeek said...

See, my first reaction too was "that's so clever!". And THEN it struck me how messed up it is. And how messed up we are for thinking it's a good idea.