Saturday, October 06, 2007

Entitlement

I've read enough academic blogs to know that it's not just me complaining about this, but man! Someone's sense of entitlement is really a little overblown. I helped him out a couple of times and now he expects something from me every single day. He'll spend hours outside my office, waiting for me to turn up, making enough noise that it irritates the people on either side of me.

Or I'll be working hard and suddenly I'll hear this tap tap tap-tap that means he expects me to drop everything to cater to his demands, and isn't leaving until I do. And if I can't help him out for whatever reason, he just hangs around, getting louder and louder until I give in and find some way to get him what he's after.

And in case anyone is curious, I've posted about this particular offender before: here and here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Delurker here. Have you watched 'The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill' this weekend. If not, you must.

-Em

StyleyGeek said...

Hi Em! I saw it at the movies a while ago and loved it.

Anonymous said...

I love it!

Having spent the last day/week/month dealing with people who all seem to think that I can drop everything to help them/do there piece of work, I was thinking you were plagued by the same type of people. I would quite happily be plagued by a parrot.

Thank Styley you have made my day :-)