Monday, August 06, 2007

They've found me!

When I arrived in my office today, a rosella was having what looked like enthusiastic parrot sex with his reflection in my window. I only caught the *ahem* tail-end of it on camera.


When he realised he was being watched, he stared back brazenly, quite devoid of any sort of modesty or shame.


But then his mate turned up and he pretended he had only been interested in her all along.


The hussy.

It's kind of cool, though. Although I see parrots around campus frequently, this is the first time that they've hung out on my window sill. Maybe they've been talking to the ones on my balcony and have heard I'm a soft touch for food. I'll be putting out birdseed tomorrow. (Spread the word!)

4 Comments:

Meagan said...

I'm usually a lurker, but I have to speak up and say how absolutely jealous I am that you live in a place where these fabulous birds are actually a normal part of where you live.

(No fancy parrots in the northeast U.S.)

Bardiac said...

I'm jealous beyond words. :(

Not only do we not have cool parrots hanging out by our windows, but we can't even open our windows without a special top secret, totally unavailable window-opening tool. /cry

I do, however, see Bald Eagles out my window on occasion, flying over the area. It's probably just as well I'm not trying to hand feed them, eh?

~profgrrrrl~ said...

I, too, am beyond jealous. I love parrots and wish they would just show up where I live.

I have lived in parts of the US where there were some wild ones (non-native, of course) and miss it tremendously. But nothing like the cockatoos and rosellas.

Badaunt said...

What the bird is saying:

"Oooh, look! It's St. StyleyGeek of Academia!"