Saturday, August 18, 2007

Friday timesheet

I have no excuse for Friday. Fridays always bother me, because I intend to do lots of teaching preparation, but the day gets sucked up into procrastination, weekend planning, and meetings.

Routine essentials
Morning routine: 1 hour
Travel (cycling to, from and across campus): 30 mins
Cooking and eating: 1 hour 30 minutes
Phoning my mother: 50 minutes
Total = 3 hours 50 minutes

Work
Coffee breaks: 30 mins
Meetings: 1 hour 30 minutes
Diss revisions: 1 hour 10 minutes
Teaching prep: 2 hours
Total = 5 hours 10 minutes

Just for fun
Scrabble: 1 hour 30 mins
Blogging and surfing the web: 1 hour 35 minutes
Knitting: 1 hour
Reading: 1 hour
Total: 5 hours 5 minutes

Actually, that wasn't as bad a day as I thought it was. Although I didn't get much time, most of the "wasted" time wasn't me procrastinating, but rather unavoidable things like meetings, phoning my mother and the usual routine.