Saturday, October 13, 2007

What next?

Everyone keeps asking me what I'm going to do with all my free time now that the dissertation is handed in. So here's a brief run-down:

  1. Write final exam for my classes
  2. Mark 60 essays
  3. Mark 60 assignments
  4. Prepare readings for next week's tutorials
  5. Prepare lectures for the next four classes
  6. Prepare activities for the final two tutorials
  7. Talk my failing students down off their metaphorical (I hope!) cliffs
  8. Take the car in to have some repairs done
  9. Clean the house to get it ready for the real estate company to take photos so they can start selling it
  10. Re-pot my plants
  11. Go to the gym
  12. Revise the paper I got the revise-and-resubmit on a few weeks ago
  13. Work on a grant proposal
  14. Try to turn my recent conference paper into something submittable
  15. Contact our local publishing house to see if they can give me some editing work to tide me over until February, when classes start again
  16. Book a trip to use up all my air miles before they expire in December
So yeah, like everyone keeps telling me: I won't know what to do with myself now that it's all over!

2 Comments:

Badaunt said...

16. Catch up!

(Eek!)

Badaunt said...

Sorry. That should have been 17. (Maybe we Kiwi women can't count?)