Thursday, December 20, 2007

Cuteness

Well, I guess it's been too long for this to be the result of this peckfest, but we do indeed have a new young rosellalet. (S)he is rather cute, all small and green, and constantly makes weird noises that I can only interpret as, "Watch me! watch me!" directed at his/her parents. Unfortunately (s)he is also extra nervous and every time I even move towards the balcony, let alone pull out my camera, baby's parents banish him/her to a distant tree.

I'll try to get a picture if they come back tomorrow or Saturday, but after that we will be away for Christmas, and we have decided not to feed the parrots any more on our return, in the hope that they might un-tame themselves before we are replaced with more dangerous bipeds (i.e. the teenage boys who are moving in here after us).

2 Comments:

Bardiac said...

Awww! I'm so jealous!

I'm guessing a bit of typical loud teenage stuff and the parrots will decide to dine elsewhere. They're pretty smart, after all. They were smart enough to train you! :)

Ianqui said...

Oh sad! It didn't occur to me to think about the fate of the parrots once you move. I hope you get new ones!