Friday, December 21, 2007

You should be glad I tell my stories to him and not to you

"Geekman, today there was a spider!"

One raised eyebrow.

"In my office! And not just any spider. This one was an icky spider. It was extra spidery."

The other eyebrow lifts.

"No, really. It was like a spider that had read about how to be a spider and taken notes and practised hard, and started competing in the spider spideriness Olympics. It was an archetypal spider."

"The platonic spider?"

"Exactly!"

"So what did you do with your platonic spider?"

"I hit it with Pidgins and Creoles, A Reference Survey."

7 Comments:

RageyOne said...

Sounds like the perfect book for that spider!

Anonymous said...

I'm so reading this out to PH.

Anonymous said...

PH says: So it was the very form of spiderliness, then?

Anonymous said...

I prefer to call them Ur-spiders and hit them with Kant.

Because, you know, what else can you do with Kant?

StyleyGeek said...

Jessica, that is the best comment EVER.

Unbalanced Reaction said...

Hahaha!

Ah, this post and comments are bringing up some fond memories of my undergrad philosophy days! :)

michiexile said...

I retold your story to my typology-inclined linguistics wife - who immediately pointed out a small brown spot on the wall next to her bed.

Where she had done the same.