Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Gah!

Dear Faculty Business Office,

I am urgently trying to find out when the local deadline is for [Grant Fellowship Application]. I tried to check your website, but could not access it. Could you please let me know when this deadline is?

Thanks,
Styleygeek

Dear Styleygeek,

The information you require is on our website. It is down at present for maintenance. We will notify you when the site is back up.

Regards,
Faculty Business Office.

I guess "urgently" means something different to them from what it means to me. Also, how hard would it be to just give me a date? I find it difficult to believe that no one knows this information without checking their own website.

2 Comments:

L said...

That's crazy. That's exactly the reason I love being a webmaster - it surprises people when I actually HELP them :)

Anonymous said...

Brilliant. I love universities.