Tuesday, July 31, 2007

For once, everything is going right

  • My mother just inherited a whole heap of money. This should put an end to this sort of thing. And I can stop helping her out financially. Until she blows it all on living the good life, of course. (She is already planning three overseas trips.)
  • Geekman's boss has promised him renewed funding until the end of 2010! That's three and a half more years of not feeling like this!
  • We enrolled in Medicare! Now we can get injured all we like.
  • Teaching is going well.
  • Free pizza! Every week!
  • The carpets are coming. (That sounds vaguely sinister, doesn't it? I bet Poe wished he'd written a story about carpets.)
  • Our landlady gave us a super-expensive bottle of French champagne for being awesome tenants who put up with crap like this. Although I feel rather guilty about drinking anything that costs that much per mouthful. I might save it for my graduation.
  • I am getting a month of free online personal training from the awesome Lymphopo (formerly of Granny gets a Vibrator fame). I am so excited about this that it's slightly embarrassing.

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo!

Anonymous said...

awesome!

flossie said...

Yay! I love when the stars line up.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Oh, that's all so good!

Anonymous said...

woohoo! that sounds great!

Teknight said...

About bloody time you had a good string of good luck. Enjoy!

Bardiac said...

Sounds good! And about time things turned around.