Thursday, July 19, 2007

Why Geekman doesn't teach linguistics

I've just been given the go-ahead to recruit a couple of guest lecturers for my course if I want to. I told Geekman, and his response was, "I'll do it! I have Views and I can share them."

He clears his throat and takes up what he obviously imagines to be a "teaching" stance.

"Language, my little mollusks*, language! There is only one worth talking about, and that is English. So you can stop being silly and go home now. Thank you."

____________

* Apologies for the recent extreme overuse of mollusk references. It has just been one of those weeks where everything seems fishy. (Today's show was brought to you by the letters bivalve and gastropod.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

He should just clam up.

Nicola said...

I don't agree, Frog Juggler - I think he should mussel in and give his guest lecture no matter what StyleyGeek thinks.

StyleyGeek said...

I think all three of you are being very shellfish.