Friday, March 31, 2006

Look how much "easier" technology makes our lives

A couple of minutes ago, my office mate told me she needed to ask a question of the guy in the office next to ours. This is a good friend of hers, so not remotely scary or likely to be perturbed by her dropping in.

She stood up, walked out the door and took a few steps down the hall (so got 90% of the way to his door).

Next thing I know she's back at her desk booting up her computer.

"Didn't you find [guy next door]?" I ask.

"He's probably there," she replies, "but then I thought to myself, what's Instant Messenger for, if not moments like these?"

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your blog. You keep up with it better than I do.

Anecdotalvalue.blogspot.com

StyleyGeek said...

Why thank you, anonymous. I try to post something at least once a day, but it can be hard to find the time, sometimes.