Sunday, May 06, 2007

I don't need your stinking logic

Me: "Flappy. That's a good name for a cockatoo. Flappy the Bush Cockatoo."

Geekman: "You're naming the cockatoo?"

Me: "Uh huh. Maybe I'll even teach it to come when I call it."

Geekman: "Which one are you naming?"

Me: "The one from yesterday. The one that wouldn't eat my apple."

Geekman: "How can you tell them apart?"

Me: "I can't. But it doesn't matter. They can all be called Flappy."

Geekman: "But then won't they get each other confused?"

Me: "Well, they don't exactly call each other by name, do they?"

Geekman: "I mean, how will they know which one should come when you call them?"

Me: "They can all come. It will be AWESOME."

5 Comments:

Unknown said...

There is no place for logic when it comes to attachment to feathery, furry, or fluffy critters.

This will be our first rule on our crazy bird/cat lady bloggers retirement home.

Nicola said...

Geekman still rocks, you know.

Bardiac said...

This means that one of them came and ate fruit with you?

Dang!

And I think you'll be able to tell them apart before long. Look for beak differences, eye color and patch stuff, and quirky behavior.

If you'll let a crazy dog/bird person in, can I come to the retirement home?

Bardiac said...

Oops, or didn't eat fruit with you... but came to visit as usual?

(reading comprehension score: 0)

StyleyGeek said...

Bardiac, our crazy cat/bird lady blogger retirement home will carefully screen all applications. But I suspect you would pass.

I can tell most of the rosellas apart. They have slightly different patternings, and vary quite a lot in size. But the cockatoos really do all look the same to me. I'll do my best, though, just for you :)