Saturday, May 12, 2007

I have a little list

My mother has given me a list of all the things that she would like me to do while I am visiting.

Apparently I will be:

  • Painting the front of the house
  • Sorting out her welfare payments
  • Pruning her garden
  • Walking her dog and training it not to bite bicycles
  • Driving her to the hospital for a 7 am appointment on the morning after I arrive (which, given the time difference, is going to feel like 5 am for me)
  • Finding a way to get rid of her compost heap, which has "gone off" and which the council won't take away for her
  • Getting her computer to "do that thing. You know, that thing it's meant to do."
At least I won't get bored!

3 Comments:

Badaunt said...

I'm fairly sure you will have to do one of those things AFTER breakfast, Or at least BELIEVE in doing one of those things after breakfast...

(You are the White Queen Styleygeek, aren't you?)

Unknown said...

So much for the thesis, eh?

Painting the house???

Juggling Frogs said...

Think how much she'd ask you to do if you weren't having to finish the thesis in two days while sitting in a hospital room!

I'm sorry you have so much on your plate. I hope everyone heals quickly and completely, and that you have meaningful time together.

Whatever happens with the thesis schedule, you are a very good daughter. And that's more difficult to be than finished.

All the best,
CLKL