Friday, May 04, 2007

Once more, with pathos

I'm not sure I accurately conveyed how devastated I am by Google's treachery. (I'm not trying to be funny here.) It's like I had the wonderfulness that was Google's ability to find out everything for me whenever I wanted: all the information in the world at my fingertips. And then they took it away and replaced it with some crappy search engine that feels like it was designed by Microsoft on a bad day. And they've stopped answering my calls (figuratively speaking).

Google has broken up with me, and it feels like the whole internet's stopped working.

What do I do?

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahoo is probably your next best bet, and it's got a toolbar with some decent stuff on it if you're in need of that, as well. I'm so sorry for your frustration. I've been there and, in spite of the fact that I'm all for improvements, I really hate it when changes are forced on me. Good luck.

Quiche said...

Just a question: Why do you have to be signed into two google accounts all the time? Why not just sign in and out when you want to check your email?

StyleyGeek said...

It's not just my mail, Kisha: it's also to leave comments on blogs, use Google Reader (my RSS aggregator), write anything or change the layout at my own blog, etc. And that's pretty much everything I do on the internet besides searching :) So it makes sense for me to stay logged in.