Thursday, June 14, 2007

The bureaucrats must have run out of compliance processes to implementize

I just tried to find out whether our university had a policy on a particular issue. So I went to the part of the website which links to various university regulations and guidelines. And then had to bang my head vigorously against the desk when scrolling down to the bottom of the list revealed the following links:


Guidelines for a policy on policies! Doesn't it make you want to bite someone? (Preferably an administrator.)

10 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! (dare one assume they may have a sense of humour?)

[I had a thing from PSIS recently which said, "PSIS is not a registered bank, but a very co-operative co-operative"!]

For the non New-Zealanders, the PSIS is soemthing like a building society.

StyleyGeek said...

I don't think they are being funny. The links actually go to real policies without a funny line in them.

Juggling Frogs said...

This belongs in a Monty Python script!

Poycer said...

The mania isn't limited to administrators. The faculty senate at my institution has a "Committee on Committees."

Unknown said...

Have you seen the movie Brazil?

StyleyGeek said...

No... Is there a punchline?

BrightStar (B*) said...

I hate that stuff at universities. The thing that drives me crazy at work is the Committee on Committees! I think every campus organization and department has a committee about organizing their committees! That's crazy.

oh, crap. I thought I was adding something new here, but poycer already said this. Oh, well. I'll post my comment, anyhow. Hi!

StyleyGeek said...

Hi!

Yeah, people have told me we have a committee on committees too, but I always thought it was some sort of bad joke until now :)

Bardiac said...

We have a committee on committees, too. They run committee elections and such, mostly, and make sure that each committee has a chair who's taking responsibility for doing the stuff. It's a GREAT committee assignment because it meets like twice a year!

Anonymous said...

oh, how dreadful! ah, red tape-amock...