Sunday, June 24, 2007

Eight random things about me(me)

I got tagged and all. I'd sound even more excited if I wasn't hungover. But I'm excited deep down; you just can't tell over the half-closed eyes and gravelly monotone.

Rules

  • I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
  • Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
  • People who are tagged need to write their own post about their eight things and post these rules.
  • At the end of your post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
  • Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Random Facts (aka random bullets of narcissim)

  1. I hosted my first ever successful party last night. You know, one where everyone on the invite list doesn't call thirty minutes beforehand to say they can't make it after all. One where people stay until 2 am, mingle with each other, and generally have so much fun that they just crash on the floor afterwards because they couldn't bring themselves to leave. This ends a string of embarrassing failures dating back to my 13th birthday party, where everyone RSVPed and then secretly arranged to not turn up and instead go party somewhere else without me.
  2. My incurable optimism means I have repeated these unsuccessful party attempts every year or so ever since then, believing that this time, surely things would be different. And then all of a sudden they were. So there.
  3. Everyone in my extended family is either a priest (two grandfathers, three uncles, my father) or a teacher (two aunts, a cousin and my mother). I always vowed never to be either. And now teaching is my favourite part of the whole academic whatsamacallit*.
  4. The universe likes to make jokes at my expense.
  5. I have embarrassingly bad taste in music. I think this is mostly because I've never really made an effort to listen to lots of random stuff and find out what I like.** I'm sure I'd enjoy music more if I was less ignorant.
  6. That goes for plants, too. I can't tell a whatsit from a thingummy-jig. I wouldn't know where to start when it comes to gardening, and following other people around their gardens while they point at random greenery is not something I find especially compelling. (But I feel like I should.)
  7. I'm going to be a bridesmaid for the first time in January. And I get to wear BLACK. (But I haven't bought my tickets for the wedding yet, because I secretly wouldn't put money on the "happy" couple's relationship lasting another six months.)
  8. Am I up to eight yet?
  9. Does that count as a random? Does this?
  10. Sometimes I am indecisive.

I'm not sure who hasn't been tagged already. But if you haven't, I tag: Badaunt, Jana, Lucy (when she gets home), Twirly, Miss M, Queen of West Procrastination, Shrinkykitten, and Wolfangel.

Only if you want to, of course.

Bonus random thing about me: I am undemanding.

______________

*I'm hungover, I tell you. About 90% of my vocabulary seems to have eloped with the rest of my brain.
** Last FM is gradually helping me overcome this deficiency.


8 Comments:

Weekend_Viking said...

Congratulations on your good party. I have given up running parties in Oz, they never work properly. Drinkies, yes, parties, no.

Will email you for party gossip... I may be at a wedding in NZ early next year too, but I don't get to be a bridesmaid (The missing tooth and the eyepatch and stubble would detract from the look.)

Badaunt said...

I think I may have been tagged for five random things about me once before, but five random things is not eight random things (I didn't know that memes grew like that) so I might just have to do it again. Although it's hard to be random, I remember. Randomness is a difficult thing to organize.

RageyOne said...

sounds like a fun party.

wow, Black, for a bridesmaid dress. cool. i was in a black & white wedding once. all of the guests were asked to where black & white along with the wedding party.

Anonymous said...

no one showed up to my wedding shower.

StyleyGeek said...

Weekend Viking: you'd make a lovely bridesmaid :)

Badaunt: Mine weren't so random either. And I think the memes are "five weird things" and "eight random things". So you don't have to be weird this time.

Rageyone: the best thing about it is that I'll be able to wear the dress again. Something which is not usually the case with your average bridesmaid concoction.

Anastasia: ouch!

Anonymous said...

Ok I'm going to burn you some CDs and send them!

StyleyGeek said...

The CD you burned for me a few months ago has already been very educational, Twirly. I'd be even more ignorant without it :)

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Hey! I'll do that because I'm procrastinating.

I was also a bridesmaid in black. It was ten kinds of awesome.

And I'm very sad for Anastasia and her non-attended bridal shower.