Thursday, June 07, 2007

Whew

I'm home! The 12 hours I spent travelling yesterday were totally worth it because I have my own bed back! And a Geekman! And a clean house! And parrots! And a refrigerator full of moldy food I left there three and a half weeks ago, since Geekman has eaten nothing but toast while I've been gone.

The travelling time was also worth it, because now I have a whole heap of entertaining airport anecdotes to share with you. Well, okay, two. Or maybe three. Let's say two and half. And I will get to those later, after I have done 98 million loads of washing, been to the gym and got drunk on coffee.

Meanwhile, a big thank you to everyone who has now sent me a copy of the Somali article. I hugely appreciate all of your efforts, but it is time to stop! this! madness! There are only so many copies I can use (well, one, to be precise). I feel horribly guilty for not updating yesterday when the first copy arrived in my inbox, but now you know, so you can cancel those interloan requests and go do some of your own work instead of mine.

That will be all, minions.

10 Comments:

Nicola said...

Welcome back.

Jenny said...

Is this the part where we all start singing a disney song and doing complicated synchronised dances about doing all of your dirty work? With lots of evil cackles (or perhaps, in your case, parrot noises) in the background? And interesting lighting schemes?

Welcome home, anyway! Here's hoping you have some time to recover a bit, and that the thesis still works out in time despite the interruption.

Anonymous said...

It's not that I don't clean; I was trying to develop a new antibiotic.

You effectively threw my Nobel prize into the bin.

Anonymous said...

did you just call me a minion?

Arbitrista said...

Mmm. Toast.

Seriously, why is it that men (including me) fall apart when left alone too long?

StyleyGeek said...

In the nicest possible way, Anastasia :)

Anonymous said...

glad you're back!

RageyOne said...

I'm sure you are glad to be back home! Glad you made it safely.

Juggling Frogs said...

Welcome back. Time for you to put your feet up and let geekman make you some toast.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Wow. In my household dynamic, I'm totally Geekman. Mr. QWP can't go far, or else he discovers that I've been living on toast and popcorn (and sometimes canned fruit) and that the food in the fridge went moldy long ago.