Friday, December 08, 2006

Geekman's going to be surprised...

... and not just by the fact I spent all his our hard-earned money on tickets to the circus.

Before he left for his conference:

Me: "Do you think we should get a Christmas tree this year?"
Geekman: "Um.... No. Not unless you really want one."
Me: "Probably not. Okay. If we did get one, though, would you want a big one or a little one?"
GM: "Maybe a little one. Like, one that stands on the table."
Me: "Yeah, that sounds good. And would we do the Australian thing and decorate it at the start of December, or are you too attached to your Swedish heritage?"
GM: "Why would you put up a tree before the 24th?"
Me: Okay. Just asking. But we aren't going to get one, anyway."

It's only two metres high. That's almost small enough to put on the table, right? Anyway, table-top trees were $20 or more, and I got this one for $25.

Then I developed an even more severe case of Christmas spirit and broke out in fake greenery.

(I hope it's not contagious.)

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the decorations!

and yes, i agree that decorations should be put up as early as possible, to fully enjoy them!

saxifraga said...

You made me want a tree too. We will only be home for a few days around christmas, so I thought it wasn't worth it, but now I'm tempted anyway...

Anonymous said...

i can't think in meters! measure in feet like normal people :)

StyleyGeek said...

That's what google is for, Anastasia :)

And Google tells me it's 6 foot 6 inches.

Which is approximately 8 imperial wombles.

Anonymous said...

I have to admit to an absolute Christmas tree addiction, usually satisfied when I am home over Christmas.
Not a real Christmas tree without the smell of pine and popcorn...
So, presently keeping an eye out at garden centers for a small conifer for repeated use that wont wilt in the heat. Then put on lights, string popcrorn and start collecting Christmas ornaments...

Stellar_muddle

Anonymous said...

My Mum has one that's about 20cm high, and sits on the table. She has even suggested putting presents "under the tree" which I find hard to visualise. Unless you actually made a stack and put the tree on top of it. ;-)