Saturday, December 02, 2006

Housekeeping

(1) The next Carnival of GRADual Progress will be hosted here. On 15th December. Please email links to relevant posts to grad dot carnival at gmail dot com or leave as comments on the grad carnival website. If you would like to host a carnival in the future, please contact me.

(2) Bloglines tells me it has redirected my feeds successfully (a few days ago), and my traffic seems to have improved. But while the note to the feed formerly said I had 46 subscribers, now it claims I only have 6. If you subscribe via Bloglines, can you leave a note in the comments to say whether (a) it is updating and (b) you see a number greater than 6 at the top where it tells you how many people subscribe to that feed?

(3) I have taken down my thesis word-count in the sidebar, but will leave the "to do" list up there. (Actually, I changed my mind and took that down too.) I am also adding a little sidebar list of favourite blog posts I have come across recently. Enjoy.

8 Comments:

Twirly said...

Seems to be updating and bloglines says 42 for the feed I subscribe to.

StyleyGeek said...

Thanks, Twirly. That's reassuring.

kermitthefrog said...

Same for me.

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

Remember when you said to switch to a different feed for the Beta because the old one wasn't working? I did that, and it looks like 6 other people did too. You probably still have 42 people subscribed to the old feed.

It took a few days, but it seems to finally be updating properly.

BrightStar (B*) said...

I saw 42, too, and I just read this in bloglines.

post-doc said...

Now I'm redundant, but I'm one of your 42 faithfully reading via bloglines. :)

Pilgrim/Heretic said...

Yep, I'm one of the 42 too. (And I love the 'favorite posts' section in the sidebar! I've been keeping a short list of my own, to send to my brother to try to convince him to start blogging, and they're all the same posts.)

StyleyGeek said...

Thanks, everyone.

Dr Brazen Hussy: I think you are right. The problem is, I am subscribed to both feeds: the new one and the old one. And one shows 1 reader (ie. me) while the other shows 6. But I think the one that shows 1 is lying.