Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I think I poisoned myself

I just celebrated the achievement of going one whole month* without sugar.

My celebration consisted of double chocolate brownies with vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, nuts and sprinkles.



I think I'm going to die.

___________

* Technically I've been on this sugar-free thing since December 27th, but I had a bit of a relapse in New Zealand in mid January (courtesy of the Cozy Cake Shop and its $1.50 cakes), and again the first week of February when they were giving away free chocolate at Orientation Week. So today marked the first time I've kept at it for an entire month. (Good thing February's short, huh?)

9 Comments:

~profgrrrrl~ said...

How does it feel to be sugar free after a month? Aside from the shock of eating it again, I mean.

RageyOne said...

Congrats on your accommplishment and celebrating with such a good concoction. Why did you decide to celebrate now? Are you reintroducing sugar back into your diet?

Seeking Solace said...

I am sure that sugar shock sucks, but it looks like it was totally worth it.

Ianqui said...

Holy crap, that's some sundae!

Are you planning on splurging once a month or whatever, but generally staying away from sugar? Did you see any beneficial effects of getting rid of it?

Nicola said...

I think ianqui has a good idea - go for a month of abstinence with a decent celebration at the end of it.

Like Ianqui, too, I'd like to know whether you feel different when you don't take sugar. I've been hugely upping the amount of protein I eat, and I feel much fitter.

Anonymous said...

i only eat sugar rarely, like every two-three months, and then i splurge styleygeek style! you really do feel a difference, at least i do.

so go sg!

Crawlspace said...

I gave up beef a month or two ago.

I have been walking around for the past several days craving a hamburger. I have not caved yet. I give myself another week before I crack.

StyleyGeek said...

Why did you give up beef, crawlspace? For health reasons, ethical reasons, financial reasons, or are you becoming a vegetarian in nine easy steps? :)

StyleyGeek said...

PS: I have answered everyone else's questions in a separate post, found here.