Thursday, March 06, 2008

Dude, who stole my students?

And replaced them with these freakily bright and bushy-tailed creatures? Of the class of 146 students, 130+ have attended each lecture so far. (I can tell, because I was making 130 handouts and there haven't been quite enough).

All but one of the students registered for tutorials have turned up to class, and all except one of these had done all the reading and the homework. Most of them have also done the optional reading, extra practice exercises, and NEXT WEEK'S homework as well.

In all three of my tutorials this week the students ended up in such heated, but on-topic, discussions that I could scarcely get a word in. Better yet, they made real conceptual progress in their understandings of the topics through these discussions. And they independently came up with some important theoretical concepts that hadn't been taught yet.

I'm kind of afraid.

4 Comments:

Nicola said...

Wow! You're sure not tutoring torts...

Anonymous said...

I think geeka is right - well done Styley[SuperTeacher]Geek you must have really inspired and enthused your students.

Psycgirl said...

That's scary! Is it a trick of some kind? Even in my smart kid classes, I never get attendance like that. Good for you Styley!

Badaunt said...

Ooh, well done! (On the other hand, I wonder what you'll be saying at the END of semester.)