Saturday, March 29, 2008

Sentences of the day

From the New Zealand news:

"These aren't just swamp leeches though - we are talking about highly trained medical leeches".

And actually, I was going to choose the weirdest sentence from this next story, but there were too many to decide between. I recommend reading the whole thing.

I realise this is beside the point, but is there a real charge known as "using a phone for fictitious purposes?"


These "news" stories led to the following conversation between me and Geekman:

Me: "Did you see the one about the man who claimed to have been raped by a wombat and left speaking Australian?"

Geekman: "Yeah, the New Zealand news is just getting worse and worse. It's all 'an alien stole my baby' and 'shock celebrity nakedness!' Have you noticed how the '10 most read stories' section contains nothing but this sort of crap?"

Me, happily: "Yeah... that's why I don't even bother skimming the rest of the site anymore - I just go straight for the '10 most read' to get my daily laughs."

Geekman: "But you're just encouraging them! The more people who do that, the less news they'll print!"

Me: "Who reads NZ newspapers for the news?"

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

well. this prompted me to use google for the unprecedented purpose of looking up the phrase "raped by a wombat."