If an acquaintance gives you a bag full of lemons from her lemon tree, and it turns out they are riddled with tiny worms that you almost didn't notice swimming in the juice before you drank it, do you tell her (once you are done being grossed out), or not?
Reasons to mention it:
- It might save her from eating her own wormy lemons by mistake.
- It's going to be awkward not to if she asks how the lemons were.
Reasons not to mention it:
- Does it matter if she eats wormy lemons if she doesn't notice they are wormy? It's a philosophical question, really: is a wormy lemon really wormy if nobody is there to be freaked out by it?
- She's going to be embarrassed that she gave you worm-infested lemons.
- Unless she was trying to kill you.