Thursday, April 05, 2007

Circus!

Wow.

The show itself was unbloggably good, but you can get an idea of it from this clip on the official website. The best thing, though, were our seats. I've marked them on this seating plan as red squares, and the people in the row in front of us didn't turn up, so we had a head-free view right down the aisle to the stage.


The performers even came right up to us at times, and at one point they hauled the guy two along from me up onto the stage to "assist" the magician.

Oh, and I will never be able to listen to Jacques Brel's Ne me quitte pas again with a straight face. (Sadly, it's not half as funny if you describe it, but I'm sure anyone who's been to the show will understand).

Unfortunately, the magical mood was tempered a little bit when we got home to discover the strawberry plant Geekman has been nuturing for weeks had been violently assaulted, had all its tender new leaves stripped off, and only evidence of the perpetrator was a colourful feather lying among the torn-off leaves. I think I heard Geekman muttering something about what he will do to the parrots when he sees them in the morning, so let's hope they have the sense to stay away for a day or two.

3 Comments:

Badaunt said...

Sounds like the pricier seats were worth it!

I'm all envious, now. It's my first day back at work today, and going to the circus sounds like a MUCH better idea.

(Actually, JOINING the circus sounds like a better idea...)

Bardiac said...

Wow, the circus sounds GREAT!

I used to have a Nanday Conure (in the States, with clipped wings), and sometimes we'd take him out for a stroll in the strawberry jungle. He like strawberries plenty in the house, but eating one fresh in the strawberry jungle was total bird happiness.

StyleyGeek said...

I don't think Geekman would mind so much if they had just eaten strawberries from the plant. But ripping off all the new leaves will have set this poor plant's development back by months, and now that it's the end of summer, it might not make it at all.