Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Rampant capitalism or Things I aspire to own

  1. A bicycle that doesn't have anything wrong with it. (Like having no wheels, for example).
  2. A blender or food processor. Or even one of those blender-y soup-pureeing sticks. (One that doesn't explode).
  3. A sewing machine.
  4. An mp3 player (A little birthday pixie tells me this wish will be fulfilled on Friday).
  5. A DSLR camera.

I have come a long way, though. Two years ago my list would have included the above, but also:
  1. A toaster.
  2. Bookshelves.
  3. Somewhere for guests to sleep.
Two years before that it also would have included:
  1. A kettle/electric jug.
  2. A coffee maker.
  3. An alarm clock.
  4. A digital camera.
Step by step I am reaching the 21st century.

PS: Things I aspire never to own:
  1. A television. (Where would I put it?)
  2. A mobile phone. (I am hoping that by the time I get with that trend they will have phased them out entirely and we'll all just have chips implanted in our heads).

7 Comments:

Mosilager said...

DSLR. Me too. I keep missing the magic photo moment with the point-n-shoot because it only lasts half a second with the doggies and the camera takes an eternity to take a picture. Mostly I capture tails and backsides instead of smiling happy faces because of that time lag.

BrightStar (B*) said...

Is your birthday on Friday? Mine is on Friday, too!!

I don't like my mobile phone. I'd prefer not to have one. TV?? I must have it!!!

StyleyGeek said...

Snap! Lots of people are having birthdays at the moment. Wolfangel and Lucy and now us!

Nicola said...

It is indeed your birthday on Friday ;-)

StyleyGeek said...

PS. Secret message to the person flying back from Malaysia this weekend (you know who you are): I also aspire to own some duty free port :)

StyleyGeek said...

Or something cute from Malaysia. I'm not fussy.

(But I am avaricious)

BrightStar (B*) said...

yay! Happy birthday to us!