Monday, April 23, 2007

Five reasons why I blog

I got tagged by Bardiac for this meme, which is very exciting indeed. I love being tagged! I thought at first it would be hard to come up with five reasons, but when I opened up this draft post to write down the three I could think of straight away, another two sort of dribbled out without even trying. (What can I say? I'm a natural.*)

So, this is why I blog:

  1. My blog is where I keep my brain. Seriously, it's like a hard drive for my head. Pinning random fluttery thoughts to my blog to hold them still keeps my brain freer and faster for processing the stuff it actually needs to do.
  2. I am a comments whore. I love love love the fact that having a blog means people I don't even know on the other side of the world come here and talk to me.
  3. Where else would I put pictures of parrots? My family is totally over them and I suspect they now delete any jpeg attachments to my emails without even a cursory click-and-coo-at-the-pretty-birdies.
  4. I have an addictive personality. I started blogging to see if it was any fun. And now I can't stop. (Are there self-help groups for people like me?)
  5. It means I can call myself a "blogger". Which sounds a bit like "plonker". But cooler.

__________

* Natural meme-er, dribbler, blogger. Feel free to end that sentence with whatever you think fits best.

7 Comments:

Bardiac said...

It's all about the parrots!

a Shi said...

as to reason 2, at them moment I am over the moon to find that I have someone viewing from the other side of the world, let alone posting comments!!! As you're the person who got my blog on the web I think that I can see my future in your addictions!

Mel said...

for those of us on the other side of the world, can you explain "plonker"?

Lauri said...

I agree with second reason, too. I love knowing that people from around the world are reading my blog, and maybe getting some good information from it - and yeah - comments are fun!

Thanks for the fun blog. I found you because I'm trying to give up sugar, too.

StyleyGeek said...

Thanks Lauri. Good luck!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Well, I'm a newbie reader to your blog and love it - don't we all love comments, so I thought I should drop a line and say "hi".

StyleyGeek said...

Hi Melanie! Glad you like it.