Monday, April 09, 2007

The more you go, the more you know.

It just struck me that visitors to our house might find our choice of bathroom reading rather unusual. The books on the floor by the toilet, for those wishing to make the most of their incapacitated moments, are currently Introductory Astronomy and Astrophysics (Zeilik & Smith 1987) and C++ from the Ground Up (Schildt 1998).

But I bet we aren't the only ones with bathroom book weirdness.

Set my mind at ease and tell me in the comments what reading matter is available to someone caught short in your house.

9 Comments:

Courtney said...

Sports Illustrated, the Journal of Southern History, and a collection of Dave Barry essays. Variety is the spice of life.

Unknown said...

I really don't think I want or need an answer to this - but how is it you have time to read in there?

Badaunt said...

There are no books inside the toilet room. It is too small.

I generally take my reading material with me - whatever I'm reading right now. Sometimes The Man leaves his on the windowsill, but usually by mistake, so that later I hear him grumbling about how he can't find the book he's reading, and I have to tell him it's probably in the toilet, you silly man.

StyleyGeek said...

Shrinkykitten: how come you don't? :)

Ianqui said...

At the moment, we don't have anything in the bathroom (in NYC, or here in AEC for that matter), but when Super G used to live with a roommate in Charm City, they had The Fact Book of the Republic of Macedonia in their bathroom.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Scientific America, and whatever sci fi book Chris is currently reading, left open to his most recent page. (Actually, I can see that his book is currently on the kitchen table.)

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

At hubby's there is a Dilbert book and a couple of books by Stephen Hawking... here we have a Dave Barry book about the internet.

Hubby has taken to brining his new video ipod in there with him....

Anonymous said...

i'm with shrinkykitten, i don't have time in there...

Anonymous said...

I found the material quite interesting. And the introduction to astrophysics especially so.