Friday, November 24, 2006

Reading is hard

Three times in the last few weeks I've had phone calls from people who've said something like, "I got your email, but didn't have time to read it so I'm calling to find out what it was about." Variation: "I got your email but just read the first line and was confused, so I thought I'd call and clarify." (If you'd read the rest you wouldn't NEED clarification.)

In each case the email I had sent was around the length of this post. It all fitted on the screen without scrolling down. I can't imagine thinking it would be easier or quicker to call someone up than to read that sort of thing.

Or maybe I just write really impenetrably. (Asking for reassurance here, people).

5 Comments:

USJogger said...

Styley,

I started to read this post, but I got confused. If I fly to Australia, will you explain it to me?

USJogger

StyleyGeek said...

Maybe you should call me up and I'll tell you what the rest of it said.

Anonymous said...

THe worst kind of people. I compleatly understand.

It is worse when you send a two paragraph message to someone and they ring you to ask questions baised on the first paragraph that are all answered in the second!!!!

StyleyGeek said...

Oy, board chopper, back to work! They don't pay you to read blogs, you slacker :) That's the job of us hard-working students...

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Styley, I looked at the post but didn't have time to read it. Could you maybe IM me and clarify it?