Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Changed my mind. I don't want to stay here after all.

See this? See it? That is why you don't want to live in Australia if you have a heart condition. It's five minutes after I found him and my pulse is still racing like I just did a set of 80 kg squats.

The smoke detector is 16 cm (six and a half inches) in diameter, by the way (I measured it after Geekman had gently carried Mr. Huntsman outside and deposited him in a tree).

To any Australians who might read this: I know they aren't poisonous. I know they grow much bigger than this. All I have to say is that I am off to sit with a duvet over my head until I calm down, and if any other huntsmen (large or small) should manage to insinuate their way into my personal space in the meantime, I will be holding John Howard personally responsible. Oh yes.

Technorati tags: ,  Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

StyleyGeek said...

Oh, and Shrinky, please tell me you don't think that would make an adorable pet.

Karla said...

LMAO!! I am an american living in Australia.. I want to share an experince with THAT so called GIGANTIC spider. I was driving down the freeway and went to flick my sun visor down to block the sun and a spider THAT big was staring me in the face!!! I screamed and moved my car over 3 lanes to the emergency lanes and jumped out of my car! Luckly a man stopped to see what was wrong and rid my car of the vicious beast! But damn they are huge here in Aussieland! Thanks for letting me Share!

shrinkykitten said...

Oh no, I am terrified of spiders. I cannot even look at the picture.

Yahoo Mail has an ad with a spider (cartoon!) crawling around it. It freaks me out.

Please have geekman get rid of it so I can come back to your blog! :)

Lucy said...

But if you let him stay he'll eat insects for you. They usually stay up on the ceiling, anyway.

StyleyGeek said...

I know, Lucy, and the rational half of my brain says it won't hurt me and is unlikely to creep into my clothes when I'm not looking; the irrational half of my brain is with Shrinky on this one: EEEK.

And Shrinky, if you are serious about the picture freaking you out too much, I'll remove it. I can't tell if you are joking or not, but I know someone who really is that terrified of spiders that they get upset even by a picture, and I'm not trying to alienate my readers!

I know two people, by the way, who each have a huntsman that they deliberately don't remove from their houses (one in the lounge, the other in the bedroom) and I am proud of myself for not having freaked out every time I visit them. But this one SCUTTLED. Theirs just stay put. Scuttling is a criminal offense from something with that many legs and eyes.

Lucy said...

I must admit scuttling is pretty creepy. I used to have a huntsman living in my room. It disappeared at some point, but after I moved out my mum found it between my bed and the wall. I'm not sure I would've let it stay living there...