Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Changed my mind. I don't want to stay here after all.

See this? See it? That is why you don't want to live in Australia if you have a heart condition. It's five minutes after I found him and my pulse is still racing like I just did a set of 80 kg squats.

The smoke detector is 16 cm (six and a half inches) in diameter, by the way (I measured it after Geekman had gently carried Mr. Huntsman outside and deposited him in a tree).

To any Australians who might read this: I know they aren't poisonous. I know they grow much bigger than this. All I have to say is that I am off to sit with a duvet over my head until I calm down, and if any other huntsmen (large or small) should manage to insinuate their way into my personal space in the meantime, I will be holding John Howard personally responsible. Oh yes.

Technorati tags: ,  Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

StyleyGeek said...

Oh, and Shrinky, please tell me you don't think that would make an adorable pet.

Unknown said...

Oh no, I am terrified of spiders. I cannot even look at the picture.

Yahoo Mail has an ad with a spider (cartoon!) crawling around it. It freaks me out.

Please have geekman get rid of it so I can come back to your blog! :)

Lucy said...

But if you let him stay he'll eat insects for you. They usually stay up on the ceiling, anyway.

StyleyGeek said...

I know, Lucy, and the rational half of my brain says it won't hurt me and is unlikely to creep into my clothes when I'm not looking; the irrational half of my brain is with Shrinky on this one: EEEK.

And Shrinky, if you are serious about the picture freaking you out too much, I'll remove it. I can't tell if you are joking or not, but I know someone who really is that terrified of spiders that they get upset even by a picture, and I'm not trying to alienate my readers!

I know two people, by the way, who each have a huntsman that they deliberately don't remove from their houses (one in the lounge, the other in the bedroom) and I am proud of myself for not having freaked out every time I visit them. But this one SCUTTLED. Theirs just stay put. Scuttling is a criminal offense from something with that many legs and eyes.

Lucy said...

I must admit scuttling is pretty creepy. I used to have a huntsman living in my room. It disappeared at some point, but after I moved out my mum found it between my bed and the wall. I'm not sure I would've let it stay living there...