It's got to the time of year when I'm starting to get all panicky.
- Classes start next week (although I don't start teaching until the week after). Oh, and ScaryLecturer has cleverly managed to schedule one of my classes for the one time in the week when I told him I couldn't do it.
- I have to start lining up seminars for our department seminar series, which I mysteriously found myself in charge of part way through last year.
- It's coming up to the deadline for people to get abstracts to me for the conference workshop I am organising (and no one has given me ANYTHING yet).
- I have two conference abstracts to write and submit myself sometime in the next three weeks.
- Travel and accomodation for said conferences needs to be booked (it would be embarrassing if I left it too late and couldn't get flights to the workshop I am in charge of).
- The HOD came by today and asked me to review a book for our centre's newsletter. Due Monday. (So how much of the book do you think I actually need to read before I can write a review?)
- That lecture I have to give later this semester? I just realised that, seeing as there are two streams of this course, I have to give it twice. Igh.
- The writing is going S...L...O...W...L...Y.
So now I'm going to go and sit with a duvet over my head and tremble for a while. At times like these I find that helps.
Technorati tags: academia